If you think camping in a motorhome or fifth wheel is only possible during the summer, think again! Many people prefer motorhome travel during the fall and winter, as the experiences are special and memorable. At the same time cover for motorhome is an important accessory before traveling or thinking about its storage.
If you are not convinced about traveling on motorhome, consider the following benefits:
- Smaller crowds: If you like traveling as a couple, you’ll find more comfort during the fall as the majority of kids are back at school. Also, since there are fewer people, you can make reservations without problems!
- Better prices: Obviously, during the dead seasons you will find discounted prices at your motorhome dealer and you will also benefit from better prices when you want to reserve your place in a park.
- Fewer insects: Camping during the summer is certainly fun, but mosquito bites can cause a lot of frustration. Camping in the fall, however, avoids this problem.
- Tolerable temperatures: Some activities, such as giving back in the mountains, can be more demanding with the overwhelming heat of summer. During the autumn, you can participate in several activities with more comfort. Ambient temperatures are also good for comfortable sleep (something that can be difficult when it’s very hot).
Of course, there are many benefits to camping during the fall and winter. To make sure you are well prepared before starting a camping holiday, we recommend that you follow the tips and guidelines listed below.
PREPARE YOUR PARK TRAILER
If you take care of your motorhome throughout the year with the cover for motorhome, seasonal maintenance should not cause you any problems. We recommend that you buy a cover for motorhome which will be able to protect your motorhome during the storage period and trip.It will minimize the maintenance cost of your vehicle as well.
To ensure your safety, you should follow specific steps:
- Use a lot of weather stripping. The seals on the outside of your trailer must be in good condition. Make an inspection to ensure the quality of your insulation. Caulk openings and window sills as needed.
- Use insulating foam inside your recreational vehicle or motorhome to insure better insulation.
- Empty your water tanks (gray and black) and fill a quarter of the tanks with antifreeze. Also use insulating pipe foam, for better protection against the cold and to prevent your water and pipes from freezing. It is even possible to use a generator to supply electric heaters for pipes.
- Use heating ribbons to hold the sewer pipe. You absolutely want to prevent the ice from forming inside this pipe.
- Install cushions to block the ventilation windows on the roof of your recreational vehicle.
- Clean your furnace and check that it is in good condition.
- Install a dehumidifier to prevent condensation.
- Obtain and install a block heater that you can turn on 2-3 hours before you hit the road. So, you avoid getting stuck in the cold for a long time.
- Install a cover for motorhome.
Depending on your travel plans, the regions you are going to visit and the length of your stay, the preparations for your trip will differ same is the case with cover for motorhome you will have to select one according to the climate it will be used in. Ask carcover.com for the recommendation of a good quality cover for your vehicle today.
A FEW TIPS FOR ENJOYING THE VIBRANT COLORS OF FALL IN YOUR MOTOR HOME
It is certain that when you travel during the winter, your preparations will be different. You probably hear that you do not want to take too many things with you while traveling, but winter adventures require much more careful preparation.
- Do not be afraid to have too many blankets or too many clothes! Be prepared in case your central heating system stops working.
- Park your motorhome in the sun for additional heat.
- Use electric blankets to save energy during the night (if possible).
- Bring tire chains, a weather radio, water bottles in case of emergency, emergency GPS system, solar panels to recharge batteries and additional propane tanks.
- Call the sites and parks you want to visit to be sure they are open.
- Check the weather before you leave and check the trends for the coming days. Storms can happen suddenly.
A TRIP IN FIFTH WHEELS OR A MOTOR HOME DURING THE WINTER – IT’S POSSIBLE!
Fortunately, once you upgrade your motorhome, you no longer have to worry about it. Traveling in a motorhome during the winter is so much easier than you think, and even with the few challenges, you’re sure to have incredible and memorable experiences. Your needs, plans and personal preferences must all be taken into consideration in your preparations and maintenance.